Investigating existing mobile network performance tests

Forwarded conversation
Subject: http://www.w3.org/2008/06/mobile-test/
------------------------

From: Kai Hendry <hendry@iki.fi>
Date: Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 3:33 PM
To: PatMeenan@aol.com

http://pagetest.patrickmeenan.com:8080/results/4KC/

I'm impressed with your test. I was wondering if you have seen
problems in particular with mobile UAs?

Could you suggest a good caching test for the "Web Compatibility Test
for Mobile Browsers"?

Kind regards,
----------
From: Patrick Meenan <PatMeenan@aol.com>
Date: Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 9:34 PM
To: Kai Hendry <hendry@iki.fi>

Sorry, I haven't tried any testing with alternate UA's (though that
could be an interesting feature to implement).  The only real mobile
testing I'm aware of is through Keynote
(http://www.keynote.com/products/mobile_quality/index.html) but it's a
pay service and more geared around trended performance rather than
one-off checks.

Thanks,

-Pat