Re: mobile acid test content (was: [agenda] Tuesday December 17 Teleconf)

From: Wilhelm Joys Andersen <wilhelmja@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 16:07:42 +0100
To: public-mwts@w3.org

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I have added most of your tests to the
demo:

   http://people.opera.com/wilhelmja/mwts/demo.html

* Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org> wrote:
| Not too sure about that one... I'm not sure a full imperative graphics
| API is so well-fitted for mobile devices (due to the CPU/battery penalty
| it implies); but maybe that's a concern that shouldn't impact the design
| of the test.

If we want to test to which extent any browser supports the full web, we
should probably include this.

|>   - XML
|
| What do you have in mind with that?

Load a document with an XML MIME-type. Not all browsers support this.

|>   - contenteditable
|
| Not too sure about that one - with the same worry as earlier, i.e. its
| fitness on mobile devices.

The current generation of mobile browsers do not support this, but I
believe that will change. Editing raw HTML when updating their blog is not
something most users want to do, regardless of what kind of device they
are using.

| I think we should not have WML in the mix; I don't think WML is looking
| forward, but rather backward.

Good point.

| [...]
| Here is a test for Unicode support, although I'm not really sure this is
| what you had in mind:

I'm not entirely sure myself. (c:

| [...]
| I'm using the object tag, but maybe we should target the video tag
| instead? although again, the current standardization status of HTML 5
| makes it hard to decide if targeting it might not be too premature.

I believe we should wait with this. There is no consensus on the baseline
format for the <video> element.

--
Wilhelm Joys Andersen
Core QA, Opera Software