Re: contenteditable and inputmode

From: Kai Hendry <hendry@iki.fi>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 14:18:22 +0000
To: public-mwts <public-mwts@w3.org>

Sorry I screwed this up again!

WM 6.1.4 or IE6 (IEMobile 8.12) for mobile does *pass*
http://people.opera.com/wilhelmja/contenteditable.html on a third
check.

As for inputmode, there does seem to be a problem. I changed
inputmode.js to set an arbitrary attribute "invaders" and it stilled
passed:

	imode.setAttribute("invaders", value);
	if (imode.invaders == value) {
	 inputmodeTd.style.backgroundColor='green';
	}

So there must be some WM bug? I'm not in the Microsoft community so I
don't know how to check this for sure.

Since inputmode is not in HTML5 anymore I vote for scrapping this test
altogether and thinking up a new one.

I am thinking of one that tests Javascript returning fairly long
(JSON) strings correctly.