Web compatibility & Nokia (on the DRAFT tests)

From: Kai Hendry <hendry@aplixcorp.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 11:10:37 +0100
To: public-mwts@w3.org

I just tried the DRAFT test today with my S60 browser on a Nokia E65.

My gut feeling from the "mobile Web industry" besides the Iphone, the
S60 browser is touted as somehow a part of the Web on Mobiles. However
it fails:

2, 3, 8, 9, 10

So the AJAX test (9) on the S60 browser fails. Is that really the
case? Hence Nokia's tag line "Experience true Web" & "AJAX on the go"
isn't accurate!

The browser render these odd + signs on the SVG tests of 5&6.

The older (default on many Nokia phones) Services (WAP) browser fails
many of the tests:

Please do not be confused between the "Web" & "Services" browsers from
Nokia. Nokia's marketing team WRT naming deserves some sort of award.