Re: [minutes] Tuesday October 30 teleconf

From: Wilhelm Joys Andersen <wilhelmja@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 15:57:25 +0100
To: public-mwts@w3.org

* Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org> wrote:
| mobile ACID test:
|
|    -> [11]http://www.jwtmp.com/a/ mobile ACID test
|
|      [11] http://www.jwtmp.com/a/
|
|    dom: [introduces the concept of ACID2 test as emulation, and how it
|    applies to mobile]
|
|    Wilhem: concepts sounds great; the implementation needs some
|    refinements
|    ... will send details by email

The main problem with the examples above is that the pass conditions are
unclear and requires the tester to _think_ in order to determine whether
the test has passed or failed. The Acid2 test is very much better in this
respect; it is very easy to see if the smiley is broken:

     http://www.webstandards.org/files/acid2/test.html

An acid test for the most important features mobile browsers is a very
good idea, but I think we should aim to create one ourselves instead of
using the examples above.

--
Wilhelm Joys Andersen
Core QA, Opera Software