Re: Getting help on DOM Test Suite?

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 09:42:37 +0100, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
wrote:

> Le lundi 05 mars 2007 à 17:15 +0100, Dominique Hazael-Massieux a écrit :
>> I've made a few attempts at diving into the test cases to see how we
>> could re-use them in a more mobile-friendly manner, but the current set
>> up, while very efficient for desktop browsers, make it a bit hard to
>> figure out how to re-use the existing test cases in a different test
>> harness.
>
> Thanks to Curt's help, I have been able to generate a more
> mobile-friendly version of the DOM Level 1 Test suite:
> http://www.w3.org/2007/03/dom-tests/
> and indeed, the individual tests do run on my phone! (caveat: the markup
> generated is HTML 4; there is probably an option for it be XHTML instead
> - probably worth investigating).
>
> Till, if you could get feedback from your colleagues on whether that new
> format is helpful in any way to help testing Opera, that would be great.

Sorry for that sending to Dom, replying to all at this time:

Oh, that eases testing on any browser, I'd say. Question is, though, how
testing this in a testing framework/harness can be automated, as testing
each test case becomes a little tedious after a while. The result is
either PASS or FAIL, so it can be automated in any case. However,
personally I'm more into rendering, and hence I lack the necessary
knowledge on how to do it.

--
Till Halbach
Quality Assurance, Opera Software (www.opera.com)