Re: Testing the submission framework for the Open Mobile Web Test Suite

Le jeudi 19 juillet 2007 à 13:43 +0200, Dominique Hazael-Massieux a
écrit :
> Le mercredi 18 juillet 2007 à 17:01 +0200, Wilhelm Joys Andersen a Some comments on the form:
> >    - The 1kb limit might be a bit strict. Some tests will require larger
> > images, for example.
>
> Can you suggest another limit? I would tend to prefer sticking to this
> 1k limit (or a similar one), and suggesting that tests cases that
> require bigger files be submitted e.g. by email - later on, if it
> appears many test cases are over that limit, we could re-evaluate it.

I have raised it to 2KB for the time being.

> >    - MIME-types of the submitted files should be picked up from user's UA
> > automagically.
>
> Hmm... The problem is that more often than not, UA won't give the right
> MIME type.

Instead, I have added a dropdown menu to allow the user to say in which
format is each file, and used that to replace the "technologies in use"
part of the form.

> >    - The description field is a bit large. Ideally, the description of a
> > test should be short and concise enough to fit on one line.
>
> Good point; I'll add a separate "title" field for this one-line
> description, and keep the description one for a more detailed
> description (and making it optional).

Added the title field.

Dom