Re: Comments on XHTML Form test cases

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 16:51:17 +0100
To: Wilhelm Joys Andersen <wilhelmja@opera.com>
Cc: public-mwts <public-mwts@w3.org>

Le mardi 18 décembre 2007 à 16:20 +0100, Wilhelm Joys Andersen a écrit :
> | * most of the test where the mention of the attribute method being set
> | to POST don't need that information; in fact, it's probably more natural
> | to use "GET" by default rather than POST
>
> Both should be tested in the case of form submission.

....ff we do test form submission.

Some part of testing form submission is orthogonal to HTML (i.e. is
purely HTTP-related), some other parts are not (e.g. the mapping between
widgets names and the HTTP parameters transmitted).

But in the current tests cases, I don't think there is sufficient matter
for testing the specifics of form submissions.