Re: SVG Tiny test suite in the harness on a mobile device

Le mardi 24 avril 2007 à 14:55 +0200, Till Halbach a écrit :
> This is regarding my action item as recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/04/10-mwts-minutes.html#action09,
> to test SVG Tiny in the testing harness on a device.
> The link for that is
> http://www.w3.org/2007/03/mth/harness.
>
> Apart from deficiencies of the SVG test suite, the interaction of test
> suite and testing harness works like a charm.

Good news!

>  However, I wasn't able to
> find the test result page to validate that all results were recorded
> appropriately. There is no link to check on the way (while testing)
> either. Maybe the tester could be directed to the results page upon
> finishing of the testing instead of the page 'this was the last test'?

Good point; I have added a link to the results page both from the page
announcing the end of the tests, and from the start page.
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/mth/results?ts=svg

> Other notes on the testsuite: There is way too much documentation which is
> not necessary for simple testing, all reference links at the top, the
> headline,

Yeah, I wondered about having the harness removing these automatically
at some point; probably still worth investigating.

>  the test description ('about the test'). The pass/fail condition
> is too long to read as well. It would be nice if this could be addressed
> by the respective persons who own the test suite or are willing to improve
> it. Also, the graphic to test often uses a different font than the one
> shown in the reference image, so this should be accounted for in the tests.

Would you mind drafting a message to that effect? We could send it as a
group to svg-testsuite-comments@w3.org.

Thanks for your work!

Dom