Mobile Phone Use in West Africa: Gambian Statistics

From: Stephane Boyera <boyera@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 11:00:21 +0100
To: "public-mw4d@w3.org" <public-mw4d@w3.org>
I wanted to share with you a very interesting study coming from Centre
for Development Informatics (U of Manchester) on mobile usage in Gambia.
http://ict4dblog.wordpress.com/2011/01/30/mobile-phone-use-in-west-africa-gambian-statistics/

I found particularly interesting the rural/urban differences. These data
are very important imho, and inline with my own recent experience in
senegal, mali, burkina. i want to cite just two that are critical for me:
Main problem (of those reporting a problem)
urban: Cost (87%)
rural: Network availability (98%)

Help you to get money/resources?
urban: 28%