Question on mobile-ready sites, bandwidth, and error messages in 3rd world -- for short article on mobile web

From: CE Whitehead <cewcathar@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 17:53:30 -0500
To: <public-mw4d@w3.org>

Hi, I'm trying to write a short online article on mobiles and how they are something of a solution to the limited bandwidth (particularly in the third world).  I have a couple of quick questions -- hope these are not off-topic; the questions cover two different issues, so I am sending two emails.  Here's the second question:

2.  Is having a mobile-ready web page normally include the idea of having a page that does not take much bandwidth to download?  And is the likelihood of getting a 404 not found message in the third world increased because of bandwidth issues?

Best,

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar@hotmail.com