Re: new charter version

Hi Renjish,

thanks for the comments
my reaction:

> The charter doc has captured different dimensions of MW4D,
> namely Application domains, Tools, Impact Analysis, Business Models and
> Service Adoption Methodologies quite well.  Thanks.
> May I also suggest that we include a statement somewhere (perhaps in the
> Approach section?) in the doc emphasizing that the primary objective
> is to identify the "best practices" based on empirical evidences and not
> to invent new methodologies or models.

right. This should be emphasized. Most probably in the introduction. i
will add a sentence

> The "Group note on MW4D tools
> landscape" seems like an exception here, so the question is whether we
> can do this in the stipulated time period of this group?

Note sure why it is an exception ? the idea is to make a landscape
analysis: identifying what are the tools in the market and they exact
role, audience, requirements, etc. how they relate each others. We will
just try to develop a methodology to analyze tools, which sounds
relevant. I believe this is relatively easy to setup (a method to
conduct the analysis)

> Secondly, which Group note will include the following (mentioned in the
> Approach section):
> "Then, in a second phase, after having studied few domains, the group
> will identify cross-sector similarities, and potential generalizations
> that could provide solutions across different domains."
> Would this also be in the first Group note?
  Mostly what we discussed is that we will conduct investigations in
different domains. for each domain we will identify bmodel, adoption
methodologies, information needs, audience profiles,... but instead of
doing different notes on different domain, we will gather information
about bmodel from different domains in one note about bmodel which will
present the finding per domain and our views on the similarities and
potential generalization. The approach is domain-based, but the
deliverables are topic-based. This is what i tried to say, and what we
discussed yesterday mostly.
What i see we will put in the 1st group note is around, imho, the type
of activities, information needs, particularl profile if any of the
targeted audiences, the different stakeholders that are invovled in such
project and so on.

> The Group note descriptions cover the scope briefly quite well. To make
> their titles to reflect the scope accurately, I feel it will be proper
> to add the key word MW4D wherever appropriate. I mean the following:
>
>    1. An Interest Group Note on Domain-Specific Challenges and *MW4D*
>       Solutions
agreed here

>    2. An Interest Group Note on *MW4D* Tools Landscape
lots of tools are not related to MW4D solutions but are generic. So not
sure here would prefer to stick with mobile. What other people opinions ?

>    3. An Interest Group Note on *MW4D* Impact Analysis Methodologies and
>       Results

agreed

>    4. An Interest Group Note on *MW4D* Business Models
agreed tough i think that we will consider bmodel for both business and
social entrepreneurship.

>    5. An Interest Group Note on *MW4D Service* Adoption Methodologies
agreed

>   More when we discuss the scope of each note in detail.
i think we should not detailed too much the scope of the notes in the
charter so that we have some kind of flexibility when we work on them.
But we should focus on giving a general overview of what we plan to put
it them

Cheers and thanks again
stephane