RE: [Health IT] Mobile Myths and Reality

I would agree with Stephane too. The roadmap is intended to be technology
centric and focussing on individual domains would lead to specific
applications/solutions built using that technology. While it is very
useful, problems in each of the domains and existing or potential solutions
in those domains would get due justice when covered in their own individual
documents.

thanks and regards
Arun Kumar
IBM Research - India

Spoken Web (aka World Wide Telecom Web):
http://domino.research.ibm.com/comm/research_people.nsf/pages/arun_kumar.WWTW.html

"Websites that use the spoken word will empower the illiterate" -
http://www.economist.com/sciencetechnology/displaystory.cfm?story_id=13855374.

)

             "Chevrollier,
             N.G. (Nicolas)"
             <nicolas.chevroll                                          To
             ier@tno.nl>               "Stephane Boyera" <boyera@w3.org>,
             Sent by:                  "Nadia Hegazy"
             public-mw4d-reque         <nhegazy@mcit.gov.eg>
             st@w3.org                                                  cc
                                       "Katrin Verclas"
                                       <katrin@mobileactive.org>, "MW4D
             10/01/2009 02:50          Group" <public-mw4d@w3.org>
             PM                                                    Subject
                                       RE: [Health IT] Mobile Myths and
                                       Reality

Hi all,

I would agree with Stephane. My understanding of the roadmap was that it is
generic not going into details into specific sectors (health,
agriculture ...). Differences exist between sectors (stakeholders, target
groups ...) and they should be investigated in follow-up documents.

Nicolas

<tech@ghdonline.org>
> >                      Date: 2009/9/30
> >                      Subject: [Health IT] Mobile Myths and Reality
> >                      To: Adesina Iluyemi <adeiluyemi@gmail.com>
> >

> >                      Anup Akkihal added a new discussion to the Health
IT

http://mobileactive.org/mobile-myths-and-reality-new-series-

http://www.ghdonline.org/tech/discussion/mobile-myths-and-,

http://www.ghdonline.org/users/adesina-iluyemi/edit/>

> >                      Contact the GHDonline team:
> >                      <http://www.ghdonline.org/contact/>
> >
> >                      You can reply to this discussion by responding
directly to
> this e-mail; it will be shared with all community members and posted as
> is. Files cannot be added via email attachment and must be uploaded
> directly to GHDonline.
> >

> >                      --
> >                      Adesina Iluyemi
> >                      mHealth Innovator/Consultant
> >                      SINSEPROD LLP, UK
> >                      Sustainable eHealth/Telemedicine in Africa
> >                      Centre for Healthcare Modelling & Informatics
> >                      University of Portsmouth
> >                      T: +44 (0)23 9284 6784
> >                      M: +44 (0)79 5602 6010
> >                      Skype:innovatoris
> >                      W: http://www.linkedin.com/in/adesina1974

> >          Katrin Verclas
> >          Co-Founder and Editor
> >          MobileActive.org
> >          katrin@mobileactive.org
> >          + 1 413 687 9877
> >          skype: katrinskaya
> >

> >          Check out our new site and mDirectory!
> >          Tools, research, case studies, and how-to use resources about
> mobiles in social change work.
> >
> >          http://mobileactive.org <http://mobileactive.org/>
> >

> --
> Stephane Boyera                    stephane@w3.org
> W3C                                            +33 (0) 5 61 86 13 08
> BP 93                                                fax: +33 (0) 4 92 38
78 22
> F-06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex,
> France

This e-mail and its contents are subject to the DISCLAIMER at
http://www.tno.nl/disclaimer/email.html