RE: Hello all

Hello Gavin, welcome to the Mobile Internet

I know dotMobi well. I'm one of the founders.

They have free developer site:

http://mobiforge.com/

Look the chain of advice they offer:

 *   Starting<http://mobiforge.com/Starting>
 *   Designing<http://mobiforge.com/Designing>
 *   Developing<http://mobiforge.com/Developing>
 *   Testing<http://mobiforge.com/Testing>
 *   Running<http://mobiforge.com/Running>

For Multimedia and video look this page:

http://mobiforge.com/developing/story/audiovideo-playback-streaming-support-mobile-devices

The guide for "device detection" is done by W3C.

dotMobi provides then the "parameters of most of the mobile devices" in their Device Atlas:

http://deviceatlas.com/

When you register to be dotMobi developer (it is free) they get the
free access to the Device Atlas.

Br. Lauri