RE: Mobile network costs -- was -- MW4D & Accessibility

I'll like to comment on Mira's question.

I feel, WiMAX is out of our scope. This was talked in yesterday cc, but
I'll like to add, that WiMAX is still today "future technology". There is no
mass market for WiMAX today. There are now low-cost mobile
WiMAX devices available today.

We agreed early in our WG, that we focus on current available technology
and we provide additional information how to deliver useful content
(applications) to users at low cost way.

Even in GSM technology (as well in CDMA) there are scalability.
Not all networks have all the features. This is the reason
we cover multiple levels of networks like:

1) Basic GSM (voice, data, SMS)
2) GPRS
3) EDGE
4) UMTS (3G, W-CDMA)
5) HSDPA
The speed of data communication increases in all levels from Basic GSM to HSDPA.
Higher data speed allows more rich applications. But as HSDPA is the latest technology
it is now available mostly in "big cities". Not in rural areas.

Br. Lauri