Re: getting work done [was Re: http://www.w3.org/2008/02/MS4D_WS/papers/unicef-w3

On Nov 7, 2008, at 1:35 PM, Arun Kumar wrote:

> >(Goal 1: Challenges to Identification)
>
> >- can we first agree on a list of ways that
> >   mobile is being used to deliver ICT-based services?
>
> Keeping the first part of Goal 1 listed above, how about documenting
> a list
> of different projects we are already aware of and that utilize
> mobile to
> deliver ICT based services. This effort would not only help us to
> gather
> the state-of-the-art of innovative solutions people have deployed
> but also
> hopefully point us to the emerging categories of  mobile based ICT
> services
> as well as the gaps that exist (leading to the other parts of Goal 1).

that is exactly the idea..
"what is" leads us to categorizations
which in turn can lead to gap-identification

Katrin Verclas (of MobileActive.org) has a starter-list
and if I remember there is also the start of a list on the MW4D wiki

perhaps an agenda item for next teleconference might be
the group-as-a-whole deciding to focus on one step at a time
then picking a small number of folks to collate the 2 lists
to come up with the start of a
suggested categorization system

jeffs

--
"I don't want to be taken to your leader.
   I've already met him."

Prof. Jeff Sonstein

http://www.it.rit.edu/~jxs/
http://chw.rit.edu/blog/