From: public-mw4d-request@w3.org [mailto:public-mw4d-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Stephane Boyera
Sent: 04 November 2008 20:52
To: Kai Hendry
Cc: public-mw4d@w3.org
Subject: Re: http://www.w3.org/2008/02/MS4D_WS/papers/unicef-w3c-presentation.html

Hi Kai,

> At the bottom of the "SMS Constraints" section there is an incorrect
> comparison of SMS and the Web. The Web is also stateless.
like Evan says, you have the techno to transfer esily some states,
through cookie, URI query strings,...

> Are there any Web<->SMS bridges? Where people can write a message like:
> "GET w3.org" to a fictitious short code 31337
> and get the latest entry on http://www.w3.org/2000/08/w3c-synd/home.rss ?

We had this discussion in mandelieu. There are many ways of contributing
to and getting information from the web.
twitter is one example. another example: ushahidi http://www.ushahidi.com/
this is clearly a web-sms integration, but not having something like
http like protocol.
Same when you use e.g.  voice application to a voice paltform. This is
specific you are not requesting a uri by voice, but you are just bound
to the voice browser.

Cheers
Steph

--