Re: Framework Notes

From: Slim Amamou <slim@alixsys.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 09:24:44 +0200
To: public-mw4d@w3.org
On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 10:51 PM, Stephane Boyera <boyera@w3.org> wrote:

> (...) So again, i believed that this group was looking at providing ICT
> services on mobile phones to rural communities and underprivileged
> populations who don't have access to services like helth, banking system,
>
> I would be happy to see what are opinions of other people on the target of
> the group ?
>
> I think we can define the concerned population in terms of needs and
concerns. People with smaller revenues have unfulfilled basic needs thus
different concerns (than, say, ours) . That's something like : Health, Home,
Food, Security and Work. I'd add Commerce also. Everything concrete, nothing
abstract.

My vision, is these populations concerns would push mobile (web) development
in a totally different direction from what we call "Information Society" or
"Knowledge Economy". For these populations information has little or no
value at all. What they need are *tools* that can interact with what makes
their immediate world : people and common objects.

thinking of how to make mobile devices become a "magic wand", that's why I'm
here.

--
Slim Amamou
http://alixsys.com