To: Daniel Spreadbury <D.Spreadbury@steinberg.de>, Bob Hamblok <post@bhamblok.be>
From: James Ingram <j.ingram@netcologne.de>
Date: 12/12/2018 10:28AM
Cc: public-music-notation@w3.org
Subject: Re: Musikmesse Meeting on 12 April 2018 [via Music Notation Community  Group]

                   Hi Bob,

     @Bob: Thanks for writing. I also think this forum is too important     to let it fade away.

     @Daniel: Thanks for the prompt reply to Bob. Good news on SMuFL! :-)     But I think MNX has turned out to be both unnecessary and too     complicated, so can't see myself continuing to discuss it in 2019.

     My own feeling is that the CG should continue to be the place where     MusicXML revisions (if any) are discussed, but that it     should move on from MNX to a more web-centred discussion. That means     looking to see how standards for music notation can be built on top     of existing web standards (SVG, Web MIDI, Web Audio etc.). For     example, we could begin by defining a set of class names for SVG     elements, so that SVG scores can be used interoperatively...

     All the best,
     James