Re: Identifying to which note a grace note is attached

From: Dennis Bathory-Kitsz <bathory@maltedmedia.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 09:24:57 -0400
To: "Music Notation Community Group" <public-music-notation@w3.org>
On Thu, September 21, 2017 9:17 am, Bernd Jungmann wrote:
> Well, I understood "within the same measure" was not crucial for Simon's
> question, maybe I am wrong.

I have often seen and used a smaller note -- perhaps not a grace note in your
definition -- as the target of a fall or gliss. Such targets can appear right
before the barline.

In my own scores, I've also used a grace note after a note (and before a
barline, if that's where it occurs) as an indication of a vocal ornament at
the end of the note. Again, I'm not sure it meets your definition of a grace
note -- but I've never thought of it as anything else.

Dennis