RE: musicXML for theory/fundamentals courses?

From: Scott Wolf <swolf@vcccd.edu>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2017 18:49:29 +0000
To: "public-music-notation@w3.org" <public-music-notation@w3.org>
Good day,

I’ve been designing some web-based exercises similar to what they have at musictheory.net<http://musictheory.net> for my online fundamentals courses. I’ve been using images exported from music notation programs thus far, but I’m wondering if doing something in MusicXML might be better. Have you come across people using this for theory drills that are interactive? I would love to see if this could be used as the web-based XML looks so much better than grabbing pngs or jpgs for each example.

Could you give me any info that might point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

Warm regards,

Scott Wolf, DMA

[cid:2B127BFE-D96D-4258-AEA8-B279C88E6DD1@socal.rr.com]

Scott Wolf, DMA
Oxnard College - Professor of Music

signature 1.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: signature_1.jpg)