Re: Music file format conversion possible?

Sure XML is the approach

If you decide to use Java instead of Python

I know a Java library to represent MIDI data:
https://github.com/LeffelMania/android-midi-lib/

I have also developed a Java library to write MusicXML v2.0. I wanted to
make this library free and opensource soon, but I am very perfectionist
and I never find the time to correct the Javadoc.

I know both things work quite well because I used them in the
development of KunkunshiEditor
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=rlopezga.music.kunkunshieditor)
which also can export my propietary XML format into MIDI and MusicXML

Rafael López García
Tanaka & Tajima Laboratory <http://www.dl.kuis.kyoto-u.ac.jp/wordpress/en/>
Department of Social Informatics <http://www.soc.i.kyoto-u.ac.jp/en/>
Graduate School of Informatics <http://www.i.kyoto-u.ac.jp/en/>
Kyoto University <http://www.kyoto-u.ac.jp/en>
Yoshida Honmachi, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8501, Japan
Tel.: +81-(0)75-753-4957
Fax.: +81-(0)75-753-5979
http://www.dl.kuis.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~rafael.lopez/
<http://www.dl.kuis.kyoto-u.ac.jp/%7Erafael.lopez/>