Re: Music file format conversion possible?

From: L Peter Deutsch <aemusic@major2nd.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 08:59:06 -0800 (PST)
To: "Luposian" <luposian@cox.net>
CC: public-music-notation@w3.org
> I’ve enclosed the native music format file (.gme extension) of one of my songs for comparison with a standard MusicXML format file.

I've looked at the file, and it's obvious that this format is just an XML
representation of MIDI data.  I strongly suggest converting your songs to
MIDI and then importing the MIDI to a score editor of your choice.

Any good computer science undergrad :-) should be able to write the format
converter.  I'd guess it would only require a couple of hundred lines of
Python, since Python comes with a library for parsing XML and there's also
probably a Python library out there for representing MIDI data.

						L Peter Deutsch