Re: MNX Proposal Overview

My responses to MNX Use Cases

3.1.6. MC5
"A wishes to separate these annotations from C's original score" - This is
just a use case that I especially like.

3.1.10. MC9.
There appears to be some typos here. The text says "... from text
associated with a single part ( <line break> prformance instructions for a
single instrument)." I think it should say "... from text associated with a
single part (performance instructions for a single instrument)." without
line break.

3.1.14. MC13.
"Composer of a multimedia work wants to write a score that synchronises
sound and vision." Stylistically, I think this should say "sound and
visuals", but that is just my personal preference.

3.2.2. MT1
Paragraph 3 says "As opposed to standard music edition UI...". I think the
word "edition" should be replaced with the word "editor", which would then
read "As opposed to standard music editor UI...".

3.2.3. MT2
Paragraph 2 ends in ellipses. I think a period is sufficient.

3.3.10. MP10.
The first paragraph ends "... one example is \ORDL". I think this should be
"... one example is ORDL", without the \ mark.

3.4.9. RLP9.
There appears to be another typo here. The heading ends "... where the
musical form is not present in a standard <line break> rpresentation PF is
playing...". I think this should read "... where the musical form is not
present in a standard representation). <line break> PF is playing...". This
would fix the misspelling of "representation", close the parenthetical
clause, and move the line break to the appropriate place.

3.4.14. RLP14.
The repeated use of the phrase "It's common" sounds too informal. No
suggestion for a replacement, but the phrase appears three consecutive
times.

3.5.4. ARL4.
Second sentence is a run-on. I think it should read like this:
"Nonetheless, the work has demonstrable unity and M wants to encode these
in a single digital document. For example, M is transcribing...". I don't
understand what the phrase "... single digital document, not M is
transcribing..." currently in the text.

Stylistically, the last sentence may include a comma: "In some cases, the
pitch..." instead of the current "In some cases the pitch...".

3.6.3. ED3.
I don't understand the first sentence "S wants to change tempo and tune
(transpose) and to play a difficult part in a loop". I don't understand how
tune and transpose relate in this context. It also implies that S wants to
perform all three actions. My suggested edit would be "S wants to change
tempo to play a difficult part in a loop.".

4.
"Editor want to discard performer annotations from digital sheet music" - I
feel this could also apply to PF or other roles as well.

"At what point does the orchestrator ever need to work with a digital
encoding of the notation..." - I think that having a digital encoding of
the notation (quantized) in addition to the composers MIDI data from the
sequencer would simplify the job of the orchestrator. Currently,
orchestrators that are given MIDI data from sequencers must load the MIDI
data into a notation program and spend a lot of time cleaning up the data
before they can begin orchestrating. This is a particular pain point for me
personally, as I frequently compose in a DAW and then transcribe the
notation in notation program.

"Composer wants to generate sheet music in real-time for live performance"
- See Google's Magenta real-time MIDI interface for an example of this use
case. (Disclaimer, I wrote some code for Magenta).