Re: Next steps

Hi James,

I'm sorry, but we did in fact discuss next steps at the meeting and there
was a slide devoted to this. Let me reproduce these steps here:

- apply course corrections based on feedback from meeting
- create more MNX examples
- create and approve roadmap document (with proposed timetables)
- establish "beachhead" specs for MNX(cwmn) elements, style properties
- begin reference implementations
- continue open design discussion of MNX(graphics+time) in background

In the wake of the meeting, the chairs are going to confer and set the
agenda for the next phase of work, but this is what we said in Frankfurt.

Concerning the last point: I do expect to do some work in the next week or
two to provide a rough outline of a graphics+time approach that is not tied
to CWMN in any way, as a guidepost on how we might proceed. Given the
amount of verbiage expended in this group on discussing abstract terms (and
the inevitable differences in opinion on their meaning) I think that
concrete proposals form the best basis for further work on this topic. We
can then talk about how these proposals do or do not serve the interests
and use cases we've identified.

Finally, about GitHub: we already have a public repository for MNX. I
expect that the chairs will open up it for filing of issues soon and issue
some guidelines. Most W3C groups allow anyone to file issues or make pull
requests, but ultimately it's up to the spec editors or chairs to accept or
reject these once everyone has made their points.

Best,

Joe Berkovitz
Founder
Noteflight LLC