Re: Measure-free scores

On 4/3/2017 9:38 AM, Michael Good wrote:
> Since I saw references to page and system objects in this discussion,
> let me reiterate that MNX, like MusicXML, is primarily a semantic
> format. Pages and systems would be out of place in the MNX CWMN
> hierarchy as they are expressions of a particular engraving appearance.

Perhaps I misunderstand "system"? When I use the term, it is simply a
group of staffs as in a conductor score containing all instrument parts,
rather than the individual instrument parts, which generally have only
one staff. Anyway, that is how I used it, if you are referring to my
reference to the term. I can hardly think that a "system", as I used the
term, is not part of the semantics. Could you explain your definition of
"system" and why it is not part of the semantics?