RE: [smufl] Add new 'Fingering' range

As someone said: zero is used in strings (not only guitars) for an open string.

And 6&7? Talk to a trombone player. 7 slide positions. Not exactly "fingerings" but numbers are numbers, right?

Talking fingerings and brass - some people notate fingerings with a circle or square around it. That happens for example with - again - trombones where a 3 with a square around it could indicate 3rd position with F attachment depressed. Similar for French horns where people have their own conventions for fingerings when playing on the F or Bb side of the instrument. I once met a guy playing a triple horn and he was really picky about notating his fingerings.

Alternative notations put a V or T in front of the number, etc...

Do we want to have separate code points for all those variants as well?

JanR