Re: The MusicXML challenge and Chords

On Wed, October 28, 2015 10:11 am, notenlektorat wrote:
> @Dennis: what exactly do you expect a notation program to do with your 3D
> score?

It's a challenge more to imagination than practice, I think. Scores and
notational practice continue to change in response to musical ideas, from
graphical scores of the 1960s through animated and 3D notation today.

First is the need for an adequate coding of the 60-plus years of scores that
already include elements and approaches beyond what is effectively 19th
century notation with 20th century "add ons". We've begun part of that
discussion.

Once those elements and approaches become part of the vocabulary (at least the
vocabulary that interests this group), I'd think the representation of scores
in 3D notation (among which my score is hardly unique) becomes relatively
trivial.

Just as 2D notation (as, say, *XML + style) allows reproduction of a score in
various 2D formats (screen, paper, etc.), 3D notation (also as *XML + style)
would allow reproduction of a score in 3D format (anaglyph, hologram, 3D
printer, etc.).

Dennis