Re: SMuFL: Additional symbols

Daniel wrote:

> I have added issues #20 through #34 to capture these requests here:
>
> https://github.com/w3c/smufl/issues <https://github.com/w3c/smufl/issues>
Excellent, although I didn't see the symbols for bowing on bridge/tailpiece (whole note) anywhere in there.

> I have chosen not to add the requests for 80%-size accidentals to GitHub on the grounds that I think this is not in general in the spirit of how other variations in size have been handled elsewhere in SMuFL; I propose that such variations in size are handled by setting a smaller point size, and optionally using optical variants that are designed to be reproduced at a smaller size if the font supports such variants.

That sounds like a better solution given the current support for small staff notation in SMuFL.

> I have likewise chosen not to add the requests for the two Salzedo characters to the 'Multi-segment lines' range, since this seems like straightforward duplication, and therefore redundant.

As long as instructions to space or kern these glyphs to function as multi-segment lines, I would tend to agree.

I included numbers 0 through 9 to the fingering range, but of course this is a bit much as 0 through 5 would suffice. I would also add that these numbers should ideally have tabular spacing for easy vertical placement and better compatibility with the included finger substitution slurs.

Knut Nergaard
Thor Olsens gt. 6A
N-0177 OSLO
Tel: +47 984 85 750