Re: [ISSUE-131] update to NIF mapping section in spec re comments from RDF WG

Hi Sebastian, Dave, all,

I have made all edits, see
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#conversion-to-nif
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#nif-backconversion
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/examples/nif/EX-nif-conversion-output.xml

The issue around "[" and "]" is not resolved yet. But besides that
everything (including Sebastian's note) should be ok. Dave, besides the
test suite update you described at

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Sep/0014.html

this should be everything, right?

Am 06.09.13 11:39, schrieb Sebastian Hellmann:
> [...]
> although it is getting better day by day.
>
> All the best,
> Sebastian
>

> Am 06.09.2013 11:05, schrieb Sebastian Hellmann:
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> Am 05.09.2013 13:19, schrieb Dave Lewis:
>>> Following decision on the 4th December call to opt for a query style
>>> URL for the NIF string in RDF (which will also be supported in NIF)
>>> when defining the mapping the following need to be changed in the spec:
>>>
>>> 1) all occurrences of RDF URLs with #char or #xpath fragments to be
>>> changed to a query style as suggested by the RDF group and expanded
>>> on by Felix in
>>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Sep/0000.html
>>>
>>> i.e. all fragment identifiers for NIF strings in annex F and G
>>> should be changed from, e.g.:
>>>
>>> one other associated question is, as we are using the query type to get around the limitations ofrfc 5147
>>> char fragment in working with XML and HTML, is it still appropriate after the above change to type the NIF string in the example with
>>> the subclass nif:RFC5147String? Sebastien? e.g.
>>>
>>> http://example.com/myitsservice?input=http://example.com/exampldoc.html&  <http://example.com/myitsservice?input=http://example.com/exampldoc.html&char=0,29>char=0,11
>>>   rdf:type nif:RFC5147String;
>>
>> I am currently working on a formal ABNF definition for this, but you
>> can consider it to be like this in Java:
>>
>> String prefix =
>> "http://example.com/myitsservice?informat=html&intype=url&input=http://example.com/exampldoc.html&"
>> ;
>> String identifier = "char=0,11" ;
>> String uri = prefix+identifier ;
>>
>> // only identifier has to have the syntax given by the rdf:type
>> validate ("nif:RFC5147String", identifier) ;
>>
>> So the syntax is only relevant for the identifier part. These would
>> be alternative prefixes as well:
>> String prefixOption1 =
>> "http://example.com/myitsservice/informat/html/intype/url/input/http://example.com/exampldoc.html/"
>> ;
>> String  prefixOption2 =
>> "http://example.com/myitsservice?informat=html&intype=url&input=http://example.com/exampldoc.html#"
>> ;
>> String  prefixOption3 =
>> "http://example.com/myitsservice?informat=html&intype=url&input=http://example.com/exampldoc.html&"
>> ;
>>
>> It really doesn't matter and all three are valid RDF (The first one
>> is a bit awkward, of course)
>>

>>> 2) Once this is fixed we need to update the NIF part of the test suite and tests rerun by Felix, Leroy and Phil
>>
>> As written above, this is not strictly necessary, but it is nice to
>> be consistent.
>>
>>> 3) Add the following suggested note wording to the end of Annex
>>> "Note: NIF allows URL for a String resource to be referenced as URIs that are fragments of the original document in the form:
>>> or