Re: Translate html 5 defaults

Hi Philip,

Yves is right and it might make sense to think of "translate" in HTML
rather as a new mechanism, instead of defaults. See copied from
http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-its20-20130521/#trans-datacat

[
The Translate data category can be expressed with global rules, or
locally on an individual element. Handling of inheritance and
interaction between elements and attributes is different for XML content
versus [HTML5] content.

For XML: for elements, the data category information inherits to the
textual content of the element, including child elements, but excluding
attributes. The default is that elements are translatable and attributes
are not.

The interpretation of the translate attribute is given in HTML5.

Note:

As of writing, the default in [HTML5] is that elements are translatable,
and that translatable attributes inherit from the respective elements.
There is pre-defined list of translatable attributes, for example alt or
title.
]

AFAKI you work with an XSLT based approach, right? If that's the case,
I'll send you some ideas offline.