Re: Next last call publication & question on todays meeting

Am 16.05.13 11:56, schrieb Dr. David Filip:
> On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 10:11 AM, Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz
> <mailto:jirka@kosek.cz>> wrote:
>
>     On 16.5.2013 10:59, Dr. David Filip wrote:
>
>     > It should aslo say
>     > that the extensions MUST not provide features provided by the
>     ITS core
>     > elements attributes. I understand that we can hardly build test
>     cases for
>     > this MUST, but it is important to stress.
>
>     There is no reason for specifying this. ITS is used in host languages
>     and they are already providing their own means for some data
>     categories
>     (usually lang, dir, translate).
>
> Of course they do, so you need global rules for an ITS processor to
> recognize them as such.
> Enforcing is not just about testing. If someone introduces a global
> rule using an extended element, it is against the spirit of the
> standard to let this overlap with any ITS feature. If you do not use
> normative language to say so in the spec, you have later on no base
> for saying that such use of extensibility is not conformant...
>

>     Anyway you can enforce such rule in practice so it doesn't make
>     sense to
>     introduce it.
>
>     >> ITS is kind enough to allow other namespaces, the ITS
>     processors can
>     >> simply ignore them, and that’s the end of the story.
>     >>
>     > In order to make the schema changes, the spec must unequivocally
>     say where
>     > those extended elements and attributes are allowed. It is
>     anarchy and not a
>     > standard otherwise.
>
>     This is now described in RELAX NG schema -- its20.rnc. Basically
>     foreign
>     elements can be used only inside its:rules. Foreign attributes can be
>     used on any element defined in ITS.
>
> I agree with the solution materially, all I say is that this must also
> occur in prose descriptions of the elements.

Thank you for stating your agreement, David. To make sure I understand
and for the record: you agree with the schema change Jirka made, see also
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt-commits/2013May/0044.html
[foreign
elements can be used only inside its:rules. Foreign attributes can be
used on any element defined in ITS.]

?

Wrt to the spec change: having the text in prose description for all
elements doesn't sound feasible. How about adding what you agreed to

http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#its-schemas

?