Re: Do we need a local markup for Domain & resourceRef

Hi Yves, all,

Am 20.03.13 14:34, schrieb Yves Savourel:
> Hi all,
>
> To follow-up on the question of local Domain and External Resource.
>
> Currently those two data categories have only global rules. The idea is that the host vocabulary has some element ITS can point to where the information is stored. DITA, HTML5, and a few other formats are examples of that.
>
> XLIFF is simply an example where such element/attribute (where to store the domain info) does not exist.

>   So we have to use an extended attribute.
>
> It's not a problem for the ITS/XLIFF mapping (we use extended attributes for other mappings). But it shows that there is a user case for local Domain and External Resource.
>
> The question is: Is it worth to take to pain to add local markup for Domain?

Maybe another question is: who would implement this? In the usage
scenarios we have at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-mlw-metadata-us-impl-20130307/
I don't see an example of processing domain information locally - I may
be wrong.

If I'm not wrong and domain information also in XLIFF is only in a
global manner, that is not on individual segments: can't you define in
the mapping namespace "your" global domain attribute and have a
its2xliff rules file to point to it?