W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org > June 2013

[Minutes] MLW-LT call 2013-06-05 and editing call

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 22:54:56 +0200
Message-ID: <51AFA5A0.5090805@w3.org>
To: "public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org" <public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>
Hi all,

today's call minutes are at
http://www.w3.org/2013/06/05-mlw-lt-minutes.html
and below as text. Christian and I have looked at the discussion of sec. 
1-2 and will try to integrate the feedback - an update will come later 
this week. Looking at
http://doodle.com/qnu3nhm7rncww2k2#table
we might have an editing call tomorrow 6 p.m. CET. Can people confim 
their attendance? Personal mail to me is fine.

Thanks,

Felix


[1]W3C

[1] http://www.w3.org/

- DRAFT -

MLW-LT WG

05 Jun 2013

[2]Agenda

[2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Jun/0004.html

See also: [3]IRC log

[3] http://www.w3.org/2013/06/05-mlw-lt-irc

Attendees

Present
kfritsche, tadej, Yves, omstefanov, DaveLewis, Jirka,
Ankit, leroy, mdelolmo, dF

Regrets
Pablo, Phil, Pedro, felix, christian

Chair
daveL

Scribe
kfritsche

Contents

* [4]Topics
1. [5]Testing current state
2. [6]NIF Tests
3. [7]Dublin f2f agenda
4. [8]Section 1-2 edits from Christian
5. [9]last call issues
* [10]Summary of Action Items
__________________________________________________________

<daveL> chair: daveL

<daveL> meeting: MLW-LT WG weekly TC

<daveL> Agenda:
[11]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
lt/2013Jun/0004.html

[11] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Jun/0004.html

<scribe> scribe: kfritsche

<daveL> Agenda:
[12]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
lt/2013Jun/0004.html

[12] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Jun/0004.html

daveL: felix is travling to the W3C AC meeting to japan

Testing current state

<daveL>
[13]http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://raw.github.com/finnle
/ITS-2.0-Testsuite/master/its2.0/testSuiteDashboard.html

[13] 
http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://raw.github.com/finnle/ITS-2.0-Testsuite/master/its2.0/testSuiteDashboard.html

daveL: felix is following up on this, there are only few left
to do
... we covered adobe, dcu and ul on the last call
... is there is anyone else who have problems with the test
suite?
... the table will regenerated and we discuss open issues at
F2F

NIF Tests

daveL: leroy did you finished the NIF test

leroy: not yet, but we should finished this soon

Dublin f2f agenda

daveL: two parts - showcase agenda and f2f agenda

<mdelolmo> hi I can hear you but I cannot speak

<daveL>
[14]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Dub
lin_June_2013_f2f_and_showcase

[14] 
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Dublin_June_2013_f2f_and_showcase

<daveL>
[15]http://phaedrus.scss.tcd.ie/CS3BC2/group1/tomcat/DublinShow
case/

[15] http://phaedrus.scss.tcd.ie/CS3BC2/group1/tomcat/DublinShowcase/

daveL: its a little out of date, searching for the new one
(showcase)
... there are only 15min each per demo

<mdelolmo> ok

daveL: does that work for every body?

tadej: the slides I send, can be done in 15min

daveL: nobody has objections, so felx and me can update that
part of the agenda
... so we have a little time left on 18 and the full day of 17
... starting 9 and checking last call issues
... not know how long this will take
... after that we check if there are any issues with test suite
left
... and also reviewing action items
... before and after the lunch there will be a spec edit
session, mainly for section 1 and 2
... or other sections if anythings pops up

<omstefanov> can someone provide link to doc dave is taking
from the
[16]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Dub
lin_June_2013_f2f_and_showcase contains nothing about the 17th

[16] 
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Dublin_June_2013_f2f_and_showcase

daveL: in the afternoon there will be some short topics about
the best practice topics
... also we have to prepare the review meeting with kimmo

<omstefanov> thanks, Karl

daveL: 18. morning is the showcase, currently there are mostly
local guys signed up
... is there anything somebody also wants to cover?

(no objections)

Section 1-2 edits from Christian

(daveL shares his screen)

daveL: we had a couple of editing calls last week (one with
christian and one with felix)
... we updated some examples and there are still some notes
which has to be solved

[17]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/i
ts20/its20-for-editing-sec1-sec2.html#general-motiviation-for-I
TS2.0

[17] 
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20-for-editing-sec1-sec2.html#general-motiviation-for-ITS2.0

scribe: does anyone has comments about 1.2 (link above)

daveL: "global appraoch" needs to be fixed

"Locale Filte" (missing r)

dF: "Others are still discussed as requirements:" - The IG is
further discussing

<Yves_> "The basics of ITS 1.0 fit onto a beer mat"? what in
the world does it means?

daveL: should be not only machine translation (Providers of
content management and machine translation solutions)
... maybe splitting it up into two bullet points, as the main
group is maybe looking into integration CMS in general with
translation solutions
... first bullet: CM and translation platforms (including MT)
... second bullet: enriching content

<scribe> ACTION: dlewis6 to rewrite bullet points in 1.2
[recorded in
[18]http://www.w3.org/2013/06/05-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-536 - Rewrite bullet points in 1.2
[on David Lewis - due 2013-06-12].

omstefanov: bad wording, often repaeting "example the
following"

daveL: i will rephrasing it and also the point from yves
... I will create a word document with tracking on and send it
to felix

omstefanov: we should add extensiability here somehow, as it
popus up the first time in section 4

<Yves_> IMO: I think we should avoid mentioning extensibility
in the spec.

dF: it should be promoted in the IG and maybe not in the
standard

<daveL> Other requirements and solution that apply the
principle of ITS2.0 are discussed within the ITS IG, but these
have no normative impact on the use of this specification.

<omstefanov> +1 to dave's suggestion

daveL: sentence above should be replaced with "Others are still
discussed as requirements:"

<daveL> use this to replace: "Others are still discussed as
requirements: “Context” = What specific related information
might be helpful? “Automated Language”: Does this content lend
itself to automatic processing?"

+1

<Yves_> fine

daveL: any other comments on that section?

(no objections)

daveL: moving on to 1.3

[19]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/i
ts20/its20-for-editing-sec1-sec2.html#usage-scenarios

[19] 
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20-for-editing-sec1-sec2.html#usage-scenarios

omstefanov: does the first two bullets are needed there?
(static/dynamic lingual)

daveL: we could remove this and it wouldn't make a difference

<daveL> Implicitly, these examples carried the information that
ITS -> Implicitly, these examples carried the information that
ITS1.0

Remove two bulletes

<daveL> REmove bullets: Static mono-lingual: This part of the
content has the directionality “right-to-left”. Dynamic
multi-lingual: This part of the content should be excluded from
a possible translation phase.

<daveL> "Although the ITS 1.0" -> "Although ITS 1.0"

daveL: do we address Leveraging in the usage scenarios?

omstefanov: We say "Most of them", so we don't need to address
all

<daveL> change "Most of them are composed of several of the
aforementioned phases"

<daveL> to "Most of them are composed of several of the
aforementioned phases but without any specific phase ordering"

<omstefanov> How about "The examples show how various phases
can be assembled into diferent production workflows."

+1 for omstefanov

<daveL> +1

daveL: any final words to section 1.3?

last call issues

<daveL>
[20]https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/i
ssues/125

[20] https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/125

daveL: I think edits has been done

<daveL>
[21]https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/i
ssues/126

[21] https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/126

<daveL>
[22]https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/i
ssues/127

[22] https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/127

daveL: I think edits has been done and people who raised only
have to accept the solution
... we are at the top of the hour and are there are any other
things you want to discuss about?
... I will check for hotel and put iton the agenda and also
looking currently for the evening for monday

<omstefanov> got sound back ... sorry about the cut out

daveL: no call next week
... we see use next week in london or the week after that in
dublin

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: dlewis6 to rewrite bullet points in 1.2 [recorded
in
[23]http://www.w3.org/2013/06/05-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]

[End of minutes]
__________________________________________________________


Minutes formatted by David Booth's [24]scribe.perl version
1.138 ([25]CVS log)
$Date: 2013-06-05 20:33:48 $

[24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
[25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 5 June 2013 20:55:29 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:08:32 UTC