RE: question on issue-110 (xml:lang vs. lang)

From: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 08:59:10 -0700
To: <public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>
Hi all,

> Yves is right about HTML5 content and that the don't cover XHTML

We actually have a section for XHTML too (I missed that when looking at xml:lang).
http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-its20-20121206/#xhtml5-markup

> If the Test Suite will have XHTML examples, then maybe these
> should be put under a new format - xhtml (in the same level as xml and html)?

It probably make sense since it is a different format.
But who will support it? Initially the WG asked for implementation commitments for XML and HTML5 not XHTML.