W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org > January 2013

Re: [Minutes] MLW-LT call 2013-01-21 and "sheperds" ...

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 18:39:34 +0100
Message-ID: <50FD7D56.8070207@w3.org>
To: "public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org" <public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>
And now with text.

- Felix

Am 21.01.13 18:38, schrieb Felix Sasaki:
> ... are at
> http://www.w3.org/2013/01/21-mlw-lt-minutes.html
> and below as text. All: we distributed "sheperds" for issues. Please 
> look for your name in the minutes. "Sheperds" means that you should 
> try to move the discussion forward and get a reply from the reviewer. 
> Please look into "your" issues before the f2f meeting and be prepared 
> to state your position on the issue.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Felix

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                                MLW-LT WG

21 Jan 2013

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Jan/0142.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2013/01/21-mlw-lt-irc

Attendees

    Present
           fsasaki, pnietoca, philr, leroy, mdelolmo, Arle, joerg,
           Ankit, Jirka, daveL, Karl, DomJones, Marcis, Milan,
           Pedro, Clemens

    Regrets
           christian, david, olaf-michael

    Chair
           felix

    Scribe
           Jirka

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]role call
          2. [6]LC feedback
          3. [7]annotatorsRef
          4. [8]provenance record ordering
          5. [9]Disambiguation and term, and domain
          6. [10]Sorting LC comments
          7. [11]prague f2f
      * [12]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

role call

    <scribe> scribe: Jirka

LC feedback

    <fsasaki> [13]http://tinyurl.com/its20-comments-handling

      [13] http://tinyurl.com/its20-comments-handling

    Felix: we have 52 comments, we need to distribute them in order
    to process them in a timely manner

annotatorsRef

    <fsasaki>
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2013/01/16-mlw-lt-minutes.html#item07

      [14] http://www.w3.org/2013/01/16-mlw-lt-minutes.html#item07

    Dave: Some people are concerned what will happen when more
    people will add annotatorsRef into the same document. Probably
    something like best practice for this will be need.
    ... Reply will be: we are aware of the issue, but there is no
    easy solution.

    Felix: We need to answer to comment and get feedback back
    (satisfied/not satisfied)
    ... commenters can disagree but can agree to move forward we
    just record it
    ... if someone object to move forward (formal objection) this
    has to be discussed with director, there is a lot of admin work
    connected to this
    ... so we should try to avoid this

    <fsasaki>
    [15]https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/i
    ssues/71

      [15] https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/71

    <scribe> ACTION: Dlewis6 to Contact original commenter and see
    whether Yves additions to comment are what was meant there
    [recorded in
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2013/01/21-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-386 - Contact original commenter and
    see whether Yves additions to comment are what was meant there
    [on David Lewis - due 2013-01-28].

provenance record ordering

    [17]http://www.w3.org/2013/01/16-mlw-lt-minutes.html#item08

      [17] http://www.w3.org/2013/01/16-mlw-lt-minutes.html#item08

    Felix: can we close it as is?

    Felix: there is no strong requirement for timestamp inside
    group

    <scribe> ACTION: Dlewis6 to Contact original commenter about
    real need of timestamp [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2013/01/21-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-387 - Contact original commenter
    about real need of timestamp [on David Lewis - due 2013-01-28].

Disambiguation and term, and domain

    <scribe> Postponed till F2F where Christian can dial-in

    Domain discussion will be postponed as well

Sorting LC comments

    <fsasaki> [19]http://tinyurl.com/its20-comments-handling

      [19] http://tinyurl.com/its20-comments-handling

    Felix: We need to assign "shepherd" to each comment

    <fsasaki> issue-67?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-67 -- Change definition of regular expression
    for allowed characters -- open

    <trackbot>
    [20]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/67

      [20] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/67

    <fsasaki> yves and shaun

    <fsasaki> issue-68?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-68 -- Disambiguation (and term) -- open

    <trackbot>
    [21]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/68

      [21] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/68

    <Marcis> Sure

    <fsasaki> marcis

    <fsasaki> issue-69?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-69 -- recursive nesting of external rules --
    open

    <trackbot>
    [22]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/69

      [22] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/69

    <fsasaki> pablo

    Pablo

    <fsasaki> issue-70?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-70 -- Defined order of precedence missing
    inherited local values -- open

    <trackbot>
    [23]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/70

      [23] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/70

    <fsasaki> felix

    felix

    issue-71?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-71 -- Section 5.8 (annotatorsRef) -- open

    <trackbot>
    [24]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/71

      [24] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/71

    <fsasaki> issue-71?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-71 -- Section 5.8 (annotatorsRef) -- open

    <trackbot>
    [25]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/71

      [25] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/71

    dave

    issue-72?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-72 -- Section 8.12 (Provenance Data Category)
    -- open

    <trackbot>
    [26]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/72

      [26] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/72

    dave

    Action to all - look at all issue before F2F in Prague

    issue-73?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-73 -- NIF comments -- open

    <trackbot>
    [27]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/73

      [27] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/73

    felix

    issue-74?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-74 -- Comment on ITS 2.0 WD-its20-20121206 -
    Section 1.1 (Relation to ITS 1.0 and New Principles) -- open

    <trackbot>
    [28]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/74

      [28] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/74

    dave

    issue-75?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-75 -- Comments related to "domain" -- open

    <trackbot>
    [29]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/75

      [29] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/75

    Jörg

    issue-76?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-76 -- clarification of "inconsistency" quality
    issue type needed -- open

    <trackbot>
    [30]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/76

      [30] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/76

    Arle

    issue-77?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-77 -- Precedence of global rules in HTML if
    both links and inline rules with "script" are available -- open

    <trackbot>
    [31]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/77

      [31] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/77

    Jirka

    issue-78?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-78 -- I18N-ISSUE-203: Use of rel values in
    HTML -- open

    <trackbot>
    [32]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/78

      [32] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/78

    Jirka

    issue-79?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-79 -- I18N-ISSUE-204: Use of namespaces and
    HTML -- open

    <trackbot>
    [33]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/79

      [33] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/79

    Jirka

    issue-80?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-80 -- I18N-ISSUE-205: Examples of html markup
    in section 6 -- open

    <trackbot>
    [34]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/80

      [34] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/80

    Felix

    issue-81?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-81 -- I18N-ISSUE-207: Term data category and
    dfn element -- open

    <trackbot>
    [35]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/81

      [35] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/81

    related to ISSUE-89

    Felix: HTML already provides something like ITS markup already,
    for examply its:term can be explicitly marked by using <dfn>
    element

    <Marcis> Well the dfn has a much narrower use case than
    Terminology ...

    <Marcis> That is the issue ...

    <Marcis> (as I understand it)

    Felix will create proposal for both issues (81 and 89)

    issue-82?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-82 -- I18N-ISSUE-208: Mapping domains to
    nothing -- open

    <trackbot>
    [36]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/82

      [36] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/82

    dave

    issue-83?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-83 -- Notes on loc quality issue section --
    open

    <trackbot>
    [37]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/83

      [37] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/83

    Christian

    issue-84?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-84 -- translate ITS 2.0 requirements w.r.t
    Indian [Indic] languages -- open

    <trackbot>
    [38]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/84

      [38] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/84

    David

    issue-85?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-85 -- NLP Interchange Format (NIF) - 1.0/2.0,
    Canonical XML, Unicode Normalization Forms -- closed

    <trackbot>
    [39]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/85

      [39] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/85

    felix

    issue-86

    <trackbot> ISSUE-86 -- Comment on ITS 2.0 specification WD,
    i18n-ISSUE-209: Implementation commitment -- open

    <trackbot>
    [40]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/86

      [40] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/86

    felix

    issue-87?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-87 -- Comment on ITS 2.0 specification WD,
    i18n-ISSUE-210: Whitespace in ruby example -- open

    <trackbot>
    [41]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/87

      [41] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/87

    felix

    issue-88?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-88 -- Comment on ITS 2.0 specification WD,
    i18n-ISSUE-211: Quote element in HTML [should be cite, q, or
    blockquote] -- open

    <trackbot>
    [42]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/88

      [42] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/88

    felix

    [43]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/open

      [43] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/open

    issue-90?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-90 -- Comment on ITS 2.0 specification WD,
    i18n-ISSUE-214: directionality should be made normative, with
    informative additions -- open

    <trackbot>
    [44]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/90

      [44] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/90

    felix

    issue-91?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-91 -- Comment on ITS 2.0 specification WD,
    i18n-ISSUE-215: Parts of Ruby section should be removed -- open

    <trackbot>
    [45]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/91

      [45] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/91

    wait till I18N WG will provide additional feedback

    issue-92?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-92 -- Comment on ITS 2.0 specification WD,
    i18n-ISSUE-216: Locale filter note -- open

    <trackbot>
    [46]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/92

      [46] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/92

    Yves

    issue-93?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-93 -- Case-insensitivity mode for predefined
    tokens undefined; should be ASCII-case-insensitivity -- open

    <trackbot>
    [47]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/93

      [47] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/93

    Jirka

    issue-94?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-94 -- Use of XSD number types is inconsistent
    with numbers in HTML -- open

    <trackbot>
    [48]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/94

      [48] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/94

    Jirka

    issue-95?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-95 -- I18N-ISSUE-217: Missing support for
    localizable items that are not translatable -- open

    <trackbot>
    [49]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/95

      [49] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/95

    Phil

    issue-96?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-96 -- ITS 2.0 requirements w.r.t Indian
    [Indic] languages -- open

    <trackbot>
    [50]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/96

      [50] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/96

    dave

    probably this is duplicate

    issue-97?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-97 -- Comment on ITS 2.0 specification WD -
    HTML translate -- open

    <trackbot>
    [51]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/97

      [51] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/97

    Karl

    issue-98?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-98 -- Comment on ITS 2.0 specification WD,
    i18n-ISSUE-238: Selecting attributes using local selection --
    open

    <trackbot>
    [52]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/98

      [52] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/98

    Milan

    issue-99

    <trackbot> ISSUE-99 -- I18N-ISSUE-239: Selecting attributes
    using Selectors -- open

    <trackbot>
    [53]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/99

      [53] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/99

    Milan

    issue-100?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-100 -- I18N-ISSUE-240: Bad example: Hard-coded
    coordinates [ITS-20] -- open

    <trackbot>
    [54]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/100

      [54] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/100

    Felix

    issue-101?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-101 -- I18N-ISSUE-241: Directionality section
    doesn't mention isolates [ITS-20] -- open

    <trackbot>
    [55]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/101

      [55] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/101

    Felix

    issue-102?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-102 -- I18N-ISSUE-242: Clarify
    case-insensitive match for domains [ITS-20] -- open

    <trackbot>
    [56]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/102

      [56] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/102

    Pablo

    issue-103?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-103 -- I18N-ISSUE-243: Clarify filtering
    algorithm for locale filters [ITS-20] -- open

    <trackbot>
    [57]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/103

      [57] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/103

    Yves/Shaun

    issue-104?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-104 -- I18N-ISSUE-244: Require recent version
    of Unicode [ITS-20] -- open

    <trackbot>
    [58]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/104

      [58] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/104

    Felix

    issue-105?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-105 -- I18N-ISSUE-245: Consider replacing
    Unicode block escapes with script escapes [ITS-20] -- open

    <trackbot>
    [59]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/105

      [59] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/105

    Yves

    it's related to regular expression

    issue-106?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-106 -- I18N-ISSUE-246: Clarify character
    encoding behavior when calculating storage size [ITS-20] --
    open

    <trackbot>
    [60]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/106

      [60] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/106

    Karl

    issue-107?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-107 -- I18N-ISSUE-247: Clarify interpretation
    of line breaks when calculating storage size [ITS-20] -- open

    <trackbot>
    [61]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/107

      [61] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/107

    Karl

    issue-108?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-108 -- locNote ITS 2.0 requirements w.r.t
    Indian [Indic] languages -- open

    <trackbot>
    [62]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/108

      [62] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/108

    Dave

    issue-109

    <trackbot> ISSUE-109 -- disambiguation ITS 2.0 requirements
    w.r.t Indian [Indic] languages -- open

    <trackbot>
    [63]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/is
    sues/109

      [63] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/109

    Dave

prague f2f

    <fsasaki>
    [64]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Pra
    gueJan2013f2f#Objectives

      [64] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/PragueJan2013f2f#Objectives

    Felix will put slots for implementations integration into
    agenda

    <fsasaki>
    [65]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Pra
    gueJan2013f2f#Participants

      [65] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/PragueJan2013f2f#Participants

    Adjourned

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Dlewis6 to Contact original commenter about real
    need of timestamp [recorded in
    [66]http://www.w3.org/2013/01/21-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: Dlewis6 to Contact original commenter and see
    whether Yves additions to comment are what was meant there
    [recorded in
    [67]http://www.w3.org/2013/01/21-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
      __________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [68]scribe.perl version
     1.137 ([69]CVS log)
     $Date: 2013-01-21 17:32:48 $

      [68] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [69] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Monday, 21 January 2013 17:40:00 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:08:26 UTC