W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org > February 2013

[Minutes] MLW-LT call 2013-02-27

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 16:39:15 +0100
Message-ID: <512E28A3.9020305@w3.org>
To: "public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org" <public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>
Hi all,

today's minutes are at
http://www.w3.org/2013/02/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html
and below as text. Short summary of some topics:

- the HTML default behaviour topic still needs more input from 
implementers, see 
http://www.w3.org/2013/02/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#item03 and Yves' 
default list at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Feb/0292.html
- "conformance" value issue-63 is resolved with "non-conformance" as the 
additional value for localization quality issue
- rome / luxembourg prep: we will have a call 1 p.m. UTC this week 
Friday. Pedro suggested to align presentations for Luxembourg with 
posters for Rome. I will draft an update of
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Rome-lux-prep#Draft_agenda
later today to take that into account.

Best,

Felix


    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                                MLW-LT WG

27 Feb 2013

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Feb/0277.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2013/02/27-mlw-lt-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Karl, fsasaki, dF, Ankit, philr, Yves, tadej, Naoto,
           omstefanov, pnietoca, leroy, Pedro, Clemens, Milan

    Regrets
           jörg, christian

    Chair
           dF

    Scribe
           fsasaki, pnietoca

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]High level usage scenario doc publication
          2. [6]HTML ITS default behaviour
          3. [7]Conformance type again
          4. [8]standoff experiment
          5. [9]XLIFF mapping
          6. [10]Rome / Luxembourg prep
      * [11]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

    agenda at
    [12]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
    lt/2013Feb/0277.html

      [12] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Feb/0277.html

    <dF>
    [13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
    lt/2013Feb/0277.html

      [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Feb/0277.html

High level usage scenario doc publication

    daveF: time line is teight for publication on March 8

    <dF>
    [14]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
    lt/2013Feb/0279.html

      [14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Feb/0279.html

    daveF: just be aware of christian's mail
    ... he suggests a method for pulling of publication. He will
    add his questions into the doc
    ... whoever is able to answer should do that in the wiki
    ... that will bring us to the publication by the desired date
    ... everybody fine with that?

    felix: publication will be a draft, so we can also update it
    later

HTML ITS default behaviour

    <dF>
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2013/02/25-mlw-lt-minutes.html#item04

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2013/02/25-mlw-lt-minutes.html#item04

    david: above mail is from Monday's call discussion

    <dF>
    [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
    lt/2013Feb/0245.html

      [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Feb/0245.html

    david: interrelated with HTML "translate" topic, which is
    discussed in HTML WG

    felix: we discussed on monday, we need more input from
    implementers

    "title" attribute example

    <pnietoca> felix is there a scribe? do you want me to try?

    <scribe> scribe: pnietoca

    dF: What other data categories can have an impact apart from
    translate?

    Yves_: elementsWithinText maybe

    <Yves_> FYI: I'll post an email on some of my finding/thoughts
    on implementation for HTML defaults later today.

    Yves_: there can be inheritance problems

    dF: what's the state of the issue from a formal point of view?

    fsasaki: Resolve the issue within April
    ... wait for implementors advances before moving forward

    dF: depends on the spec impact w.r.t HTML

    kfritsche: to start with would be good to write something about
    defaults

    <Yves_> +1 on Karl's move to start listing the defaults

    +1 too

    dF: all agree about the defaults, but they might impact on the
    spec

    <Yves_> I can post a global rules file that shows what we have
    implemented as defaults so far on our side.

    kfritsche: that would tell whether we should make a BP doc or
    change the spec

    <Yves_> that could be a starting point

    dF: we should have an at a once glance the defaults on the wiki
    ... based on the investigation we will decide whether to use a
    BP doc or if it will affect the spec

    <Yves_> if i can find the time yes

    dF: Yves would you be ok to start the wiki?

    <scribe> ACTION: Yves to send the global rules file and to
    start the wiki on HTML defaults for the data categories
    [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2013/02/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-452 - Send the global rules file and
    to start the wiki on HTML defaults for the data categories [on
    Yves Savourel - due 2013-03-06].

    dF: work needs to continue on the working list and on the wiki
    page

    fsasaki: we can move on

    <fsasaki> scribe: fsasaki

    <DomJones1> brb

Conformance type again

    df: what is your proposed resolution?

    phil: sent a mail this morning
    ... most of the type values express negative aspect
    ... so I don't mind to say "non-conformance"
    ... so that's fine by me

    df: anybody objecting to add the new value?

    phil: just to clarify: not another data category, a new value

    dF: correct, new value for localization qualtiy issue
    ... any objections?

    no objections

    <scribe> ACTION: felix to do edit for issue-63 [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2013/02/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-453 - Do edit for issue-63 [on Felix
    Sasaki - due 2013-03-06].

standoff experiment

    <scribe> scribe: pnietoca

    <fsasaki>
    [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
    lt/2013Feb/0246.html

      [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Feb/0246.html

    fsasaki: this not to open a new issue

    <fsasaki>
    [20]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
    lt/2013Feb/att-0246/multiple-ann-with-id-plus-standoff.html

      [20] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Feb/att-0246/multiple-ann-with-id-plus-standoff.html

    fsasaki: made an experimentation with multiple tan annotations

    <fsasaki> - During the discussion of multiple annotations a
    while ago we also touched upon the "direction" of the standoff:
    from outside to IDs (see
    multiple-ann-with-id-plus-standoff.html and 2a), or from the
    document to the standoff (current loc quality issue /
    provenance, see 2b) above). Pointint from the document (= 2b)
    has the drawback in HTML that you need a separate "script"
    element for each target - whereas in the case of 2a) you only
    need one script e[CUT]

    fsasaki: want to get feedback about this new way of pointing
    ... actual standoff (provennace, lqi) vs reverse standoff

    <fsasaki>
    [21]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
    lt/2013Feb/att-0246/multiple-ann-with-standoff-refs-script.html

      [21] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Feb/att-0246/multiple-ann-with-standoff-refs-script.html

    pointing from inside to outside creates more markup

    fsasaki: pointing from inside to outside creates more markup

    <fsasaki>
    [22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
    lt/2013Feb/att-0246/multiple-ann-with-id-plus-standoff.html

      [22] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Feb/att-0246/multiple-ann-with-id-plus-standoff.html

    philr: lqi currently allows several records

    fsasaki: with the pointing from outside we just need one script
    element and not several so yes it might work

    daveL: we discussed this before

    fsasaki: the outcome is the difference between numbers

    <Yves_> There is a massive difference for stream-based
    processors: they would have to check if there is standoff
    annotation each time we find an id. I'll need to think more
    about it.

    fsasaki: the approach from inside to outside 58 vs outside to
    inside 101
    ... just want to know some opinions on this

    daveL: with provenance you want to know the actors in the
    process of translating but we don't expect much records
    ... the scalabitiy should be big

    s\scalabitiy\scacalability

    daveL: the new files on the github gives you an idea of the
    number

    fsasaki: need to think carefully about this

    dF: I want formal stuff for this

    philr: don't know how this will affect the test suite

    <fsasaki> for the record, this was just informally on the
    agenda, no need to have an issue for this

    philr: will create test files

    dF: Felix you said is not to create another issue, but we need
    to create an issue

    fsasaki: I'm creating an issue right now

    dF: is this a last call comment?

    fsasaki: no

    <fsasaki> now
    [23]https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/i
    ssues/120

      [23] https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/120

    <fsasaki> scribe: fsasaki

    <pnietoca> thanks :)

XLIFF mapping

    dF summarzing XLIFF discussion

    df: had an implementers meeting about this, targeting rome
    demo, will continue with that this week
    ... documenting decisions on the wiki page

    <dF>
    [24]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/XLI
    FF_Mapping

      [24] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/XLIFF_Mapping

    discussion on where to start the BP document - felix says that
    our mlw-lt wiki is fine, we can move to ITS IG later

    df: if a roundtrip happens in XLIFF - you need to know what
    elements to use
    ... when the data returns to the source format
    ... that requires source format knowledge

    XLIFF discussion on relation to source format

    <Yves_> mostly agrees

Rome / Luxembourg prep

    [25]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Rom
    e-lux-prep

      [25] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Rome-lux-prep

    <pnietoca> fsasaki: thanks specially Pedro for the feedback

    [26]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
    lt/2013Feb/0289.html

      [26] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Feb/0289.html

    <pnietoca> fsasaki: would be good to rehearse business and
    technicval demonstrations

    <pnietoca> tadej_: Enricher will be used by Cocomore and?

    <pnietoca> Pedro: putting to much work on the posters

    <pnietoca> tadej_: Pedro says to merge buusiness and technical
    but this is not the case

    <dF> Tadej was saying that the Enrycher will be also used by
    TCD/UL LION<->SOLAS demo

    <pnietoca> fsasaki: in most of the demonstrations you can make
    a relation with the use cases

    <pnietoca> tadej_: not having strong opinion on the ordering

    <pnietoca> Pedro: the demos should be presented according to
    the posters

    <pnietoca> Pedro: have to choose if the business presentations
    have to go first or not

    <pnietoca> dF: Dave tadej are you in contact in order to see if
    there are some loose ends?

    <pnietoca> fsasaki: do you need the WG to participate on those
    meeting?

    <pnietoca> ..just to keep track

    <dF> itsx:

    <Ankit> yes for me

    [27]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
    lt/2013Feb/0289.html

      [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Feb/0289.html

    <pnietoca> dF: Is the friday call 1:00 pm UTC working for
    everybody?

    <pnietoca> Pedr: yes

    <Yves_> yes for me

    <pnietoca> dF: ok

    <pnietoca> DaveL: ok

    <Milan> Milan: ok

    <pnietoca> s\Pedr:\Pedro:

    <philr> I may be 10 minutes late joining and have to leave 15
    minutes before end.

    <pnietoca> Tadej: agreed

    <pnietoca> dF: there was the need to host this itsx NS, we
    would shre the details this week

    <pnietoca> fsasaki: why is Shaun involved in this?

    <pnietoca> dF: he is only parcipating on the development

    <dF> Sean Mooney

    <pnietoca> fsasaki: I encourage you not to parcipate in off the
    group call about xliff mapping

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: felix to do edit for issue-63 [recorded in
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2013/02/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: Yves to send the global rules file and to start
    the wiki on HTML defaults for the data categories [recorded in
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2013/02/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
      __________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [30]scribe.perl version
     1.137 ([31]CVS log)
     $Date: 2013-02-27 14:35:45 $

      [30] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [31] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 27 February 2013 15:39:43 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Sunday, 9 June 2013 00:25:08 UTC