Re: mismatch of html translate and ITS translate

On 22.02.2013 10:16, Jirka Kosek wrote:
> On 22.2.2013 6:55, Felix Sasaki wrote:
>
>> What would your preference be for resolving this:
>> - asking HTML5 to change its semantics
> I think that HTML5 spec should be changed and attributes should be
> removed from translation. Or as a compromise only title and alt
> attributes should be considered as translateable.
>
>    Jirka

The Problem in HTML5 is, you don't have any option to allow translation
of attributes. We can use rules, but this doesn't exists in HTML5. Thats
why they using this behavior, I think.
And to say some attributes are considered to be translatable and others
not, would be very confusing. Specially what are you doing with data-*
attributes - are they are translatable or not? Thats why I think they
considered everything as translatable and the translation software
should handle this. I know it makes NO sense to translate the class
attribute :)

Cheers,
Karl