RE: TargetPointer DataCategory Expected Output

From: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 08:07:14 -0700
To: "'Philip'" <Philip.Oduffy@ul.ie>, <public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>
Hi Philip,

Yes, as Leroy answered, this ‘pointer’ information is a bit different from the other ones. In this data category we want the user agent to know how to access the node where the target is, not to access the content of the node. that content will be likely empty or even inexistent in many cases. the idea is to provide the user agent with the information on where to merge back the target (and possibly get the target text if it exists in the source document).