From: Felix Sasaki [mailto:fsasaki@w3.org]
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2013 3:41 PM
To: public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org
Subject: [All] ITS 2.0 = The "Dublin Core" of the Multilingual Web?

Hi all,

would you agree with the statement made in the subject of this mail?

I'm asking since like Dublin Core metadata
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dublin_Core
ITS 2.0

- provides a relatively small set of metadata items
- separates between concepts and various syntaxes (HTML(5), XML) to write
these
- metadata covers a broad range of applications

I'm asking for two reasons:
- with the "high level summary" we want to publish at
http://www.w3.org/TR/mlw-metadata-us-impl
would above phrase be something for the introduction?
- with the reporting for our underlying EU project in mind - would above
phrase help to make the role of ITS 2.0 clear?

Thanks for any feedback in advance,