Re: agenda+ referencing ontology (Re: ISSUE-119: ITS RDF Ontology creation [MLW-LT Standard Draft])

P.S. again: with feedback from Sebastian (thanks a lot for that!), I
made an update to the ontology. This doesn't influence the examples
below (at Dave: we need to update the wiki then, if you agree).

- Felix

Am 17.04.13 10:36, schrieb Felix Sasaki:
> [...]
>>
>> Does NIF have wider adoption than RDF?
>
> NIF is an RDF based format. That is, the relation betwen NIF and RDF
> is like between XML and XHTML, or XML and XLIFF.
>
> We use NIF in ITS2 to connect ITS information in markup (XML, HTML5)
> with an RDF representation. See
>
> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#conversion-to-nif
> and a full example input HTML5 at
> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#EX-HTML-whitespace-normalization
> RDF output using NIF and the ITS2 ontology at
> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/examples/nif/EX-nif-conversion-output.xml
>
> The purpose of the ITS2 ontology is not to relate the RDF
> representation to XML/RDF - NIF does that -, but to identify the ITS2
> properties in an RDF manner, that is with RDF predicates.
>
> There is an interconnection between NIF and the ITS ontology. See this
> example generated from a part of
> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/examples/nif/EX-nif-conversion-output.xml
>
> <http://example.com/exampledoc.html#char=11,17> nif:anchorOf "Dublin";
>     nif:referenceContext <http://example.com/exampledoc.html#char=0,29>;
>     a nif:RFC5147String;
>     itsrdf:taIdentRef <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Dublin>;
>     itsrdf:translate "no";
>     itsrdf:withinText "yes".
>
> This statement
>
> <http://example.com/exampledoc.html#char=11,17> nif:anchorOf "Dublin".
>
> Relates the HTML5 document with the RDF representation. To ancor this
> relation in the NIF RDF vocabulary we have this statement
>
> <http://example.com/exampledoc.html#char=11,17> a nif:RFC5147String.
>
> The actual ITS ontology statements are these three. They have the same
> subject as the NIF statements above. That creates the forehand
> mentioned relation between NIF and ITS2.
> <http://example.com/exampledoc.html#char=11,17> itsrdf:taIdentRef
> <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Dublin>.
> <http://example.com/exampledoc.html#char=11,17> itsrdf:translate "no".
> <http://example.com/exampledoc.html#char=11,17> itsrdf:withinText "yes".
>
> Now, if you want to process this in SPARQL asking for all non
> translatable items you would write something like this:
>
> SELECT ?translatableItems
> WHERE { ?translatableItems
> <http://www.w3.org/2005/11/its/rdf#translate> "no" }
>
> and get as a result
> http://example.com/exampledoc.html#char=23,30
> http://example.com/exampledoc.html#char=11,17
>
> Does this make sense and would it work for what you have in mind?
>
> Best,
>
> Felix
>
>> I understand from what I've read that it is maybe easier to read,
>> more compact?
>>
>> Phil
>>

>> On 17 Apr 2013, at 08:22, "Felix Sasaki" <fsasaki@w3.org
>> <mailto:fsasaki@w3.org>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Dave, Phil, all,
>>>
>>> I have put the ontology on the w3c server. The namespace
>>> or
>>> http://www.w3.org/2005/11/its/rdf#translate
>>> resolve with 303 "see other" to
>>> http://www.w3.org/2005/11/its/rdf-content/its-rdf.rdf (in RDF/XML