[ISSUE-42] tool reference

From: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 07:04:12 +0200
To: <public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>
Hi all,

One thought for the issue of referencing tools :

We could have a lone its:toolRefs attribute that belong to no data category and can be placed anywhere.

It would take one or more composite values. Each one made of:
- a data category identifier
- the id of a tool description item in the external tools list.

e.g: toolRef='datacatId1/toolId1 datacatId2/toolId2'

The behavior would be that tool-id for a given data category is overridden only if the attribute specifies a new tool-id for that data category.

For example: if we have a first instance its:toolRefs='mtConfidence/t-1' in the document
And then one of its children elements has its:toolRefs='disamiguation/t-2'
The current tool id for mtConfidence would still be t-1

This would allow to use toolRefs on several overlapping data categories, without losing information.
It's basically like if each data category had its own toolRef attribute.

Just a thought.