From: Shaun McCance [mailto:shaunm@gnome.org]
Sent: Saturday, September 08, 2012 10:09 AM
To: public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org
Subject: its:span and withinText

Hi all,

I was working on integrating the new test suite into my regression tests when I ran across this one:

<par>Text with <its:span withinText="yes">bold</its:span>.</par>

I thought surely this is redundant, that its:span should be within text by default. Otherwise we basically always have to add that attribute when we use it for anything else. But then I couldn't find that anywhere in the ITS spec, and I realized itstool doesn't currently do that.

I think its:span should defined to be within text by default.
Thoughts?

--
Shaun