Re: [all] editorial review of section 1 of ITS sepc

Hi All,

Dave, thanks for sending your proposed changes through. I've added some comments for the first two sections in the attached document. (I had to save it as OpenOffice format as saving as .docx oddly results in most of the pages going missing. Let me know if you have any problems with it or if anything is not clear, as I lost some of the deletions that went with additions at one point.)

General Notes:
* It's pretty dense in places but I think that with a bit of tweaking it can be made more accessible, particularly for localization professionals and content authors. More specific notes are in the document.

* Mentions of the local and global approach are in different orders throughout the document. Prior to section 5, local approach is mentioned before global approach and from section 5 onwards this is reversed. Can we have a consistent ordering?

* As Dave identified, some of the examples need to be simplified, where possible. As a reader, I may find the data category I want and look straight at the example - particularly if I have read about it before and just want a refresher on how to use it. Further to this, is it possible to make the GLOBAL and LOCAL sections within "Implementation" a bit more obvious/separated? The same would be good for XML and HTML5 examples as well, I think. When reading a document such as this, and potentially reading many examples, I appreciate it when the examples are consistent - using consistent text examples, elements, etc where possible. It's less jarring and helps the information sink in.

* The abstract mentions how ITS 2.0 is designed to leverage localization workflows based on XLIFF, but XLIFF isn't referenced within the text. Some description of the relationship should be included, as I think this would be important to localization teams.
--
Aaron Beaton
Localization Engineer