W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org > October 2012

Domain mapping implementation

From: Mauricio del Olmo <mauricio.delolmo@linguaserve.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 10:41:32 +0100
To: "'Felix Sasaki'" <fsasaki@w3.org>, <ysavourel@enlaso.com>
Cc: <public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <002e01cdb682$beb52a40$3c1f7ec0$@linguaserve.com>
Hi Yves.

 

Related to the domain mapping algorithm implementation, I tested it yesterday and it works.

 

I don’t do exactly the same because I load the correspondences in a map object first and then I check if there is a value for the source/original domain, but it is based on what you described.

That would be applied for each domain mapping occurrence.

More or less the following algorithm:

1.      Set the default value for the output domain with the input (source or original) domain:

1.      If the node value contains a COMMA (U+002C): 

1.      Split the node value into separate strings using the COMMA (U+002C) as separator.

2.      For each string:

1.      Trim the leading and trailing white spaces of the string.

2.      Check if there is a delimited value in the string (apostrophes or quotation marks):

1.      If one is found:

1.      Split/substring the value to obtain separately the original and target domain values.

2.      Trim each source and target domains.

3.      Remove the apostrophes or quotation marks on each domain value.

4.      Add the corresponding values to the map.

2.      Otherwise (if no delimited value is found): 

1.      Split/substring the value to obtain separately the original and target domain values.

2.      Trim each source and target domains.

3.      Add the corresponding values to the map.

2.      If the node value does not contain a COMMA (U+002C): 

1.      Trim the leading and trailing white spaces of the string.

2.      Check if there is a delimited value in the string (apostrophes or quotation marks): 

1.      If one if found: 

1.      Split/substring the value to obtain separately the original and target domain values.

2.      Trim each source and target domains.

3.      Remove the apostrophes or quotation marks on each domain value.

4.      Add the corresponding values to the map.

2.      Otherwise (if no delimited value is found): 

1.      Split/substring the value to obtain separately the original and target domain values.

2.      Trim each source and target domains.

3.      Add the corresponding values to the map.

2.      Check if there is a correspondence in the map for the input domain value.

1.      If one is found:

1.      Update the output domain value with the target value found in the map.

3.      Return the output domain value.

 

One question related with the specification and the delimiters for the domain values. It says the following:

The values in the left or the right part of the mapping may contain spaces; in that case they  <http://www.w3.org/TR/its20/#rfc-keywords> MUST be delimited by quotation marks, that is pairs of APOSTROPHE (Unicode code point U+0027) or QUOTATION MARK (U+0023).

 

But I think that the quotation mark (") is the U+0022 hex combination. With the U+0023 I obtain the # character.

Please, correct me if I’m interpreting it wrong.

 

Thank you.

Cheers.

__________________________________

Mauricio del Olmo Martínez

Dpto. Técnico/I+D+i

Linguaserve Internacionalización de Servicios, S.A.

Tel.: +34 91 761 64 60 ext. 0421
Fax: +34 91 542 89 28 

E-mail:  <mailto:tecnico@linguaserve.com> tecnico@linguaserve.com

www.linguaserve.com <http://www.linguaserve.com/> 

 

«En cumplimiento con lo previsto con los artículos 21 y 22 de la Ley 34/2002, de 11 de julio, de Servicios de la Sociedad de Información y Comercio Electrónico, le informamos que procederemos al archivo y tratamiento de sus datos exclusivamente con fines de promoción de los productos y servicios ofrecidos por LINGUASERVE INTERNACIONALIZACIÓN DE SERVICIOS, S.A. En caso de que Vdes. no deseen que procedamos al archivo y tratamiento de los datos proporcionados, o no deseen recibir comunicaciones comerciales sobre los productos y servicios ofrecidos, comuníquenoslo a clients@linguaserve.com, y su petición será inmediatamente cumplida.»

 

"According to the provisions set forth in articles 21 and 22 of Law 34/2002 of July 11 regarding Information Society and eCommerce Services, we will store and use your personal data with the sole purpose of marketing the products and services offered by LINGUASERVE INTERNACIONALIZACIÓN DE SERVICIOS, S.A. If you do not wish your personal data to be stored and handled, or you do not wish to receive further information regarding products and services offered by our company, please e-mail us to clients@linguaserve.com. Your request will be processed immediately.”

__________________________________

 

De: Felix Sasaki [mailto:fsasaki@w3.org] 
Enviado el: lunes, 29 de octubre de 2012 18:04
Para: public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org
Asunto: MLW-LT minutes 2012-11-29 and Doodle poll about 1/2 virtual f2f meetings

 

Hi all,

minutes of today's call are at http://www.w3.org/2012/10/29-mlw-lt-minutes.html and below as text. 

Since we want to move forward to last call (= feature completeness and a stable spec) by the end of November, we decided to schedule a few 1/2 day virtual f2f meetings. Please enter your availibility at
http://doodle.com/heh7k59h7vkvnv88#table
We will need at least three people for such a call to be able to move things forward. I added my name so that we have at leats one editor who can edit the spec right away. 

Best,

Felix

-- 
Felix Sasaki

DFKI / W3C Fellow

 

   [1]W3C
 
      [1] http://www.w3.org/
 
                               - DRAFT -
 
                               MWL-LT WG
 
29 Oct 2012
 
   [2]Agenda
 
      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Oct/0378.html
 
   See also: [3]IRC log
 
      [3] http://www.w3.org/2012/10/29-mlw-lt-irc
 
Attendees
 
   Present
          Yves, Pedro, Felix, Des, olaf
 
   Regrets
   Chair
          felix
 
   Scribe
          felix
 
Contents
 
     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]agenda
         2. [6]open issues
         3. [7]issue-52
         4. [8]aob
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________
 
   <scribe> scribe: tbd
 
agenda
 
   [10]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Lyo
   nNov2012#Thursday_1st_Nov:_MLW-LT_WG_meeting_agenda
 
     [10] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/LyonNov2012#Thursday_1st_Nov:_MLW-LT_WG_meeting_agenda
 
   felix: any thoughts on the agenda draft?
 
   yves: agenda looks good, need to talk about the tests
 
   felix: should we split sessions?
 
   dave: hard to deal with
 
   felix: will have one room, rather larger
 
   pedro: objective is to resolve implementation issues
   ... open issues about metadata definitions are not in focus
   anymore
 
   felix: focus on 1st day for implementaitons, 2nd day for open
   spec issues
 
   [11]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgIk0-aoSKOadG
   5HQmJDT2EybWVvVC1VbnF5alN2S3c#gid=0
 
     [11] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgIk0-aoSKOadG5HQmJDT2EybWVvVC1VbnF5alN2S3c#gid=0
 
   felix: what is the feeling about timeeline, the milestones
 
   revision of M2: "M2 (every implementor has run at least one
   global and one local test file, one XML and one HTML as well -
   by 15 December)"
 
   dave: if people don't do HTML or XML, they won't do parts of
   the above, but if they committ to things, they need to do it
 
   yves: milestones fine with me
 
   [12]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Use
   _cases_-_high_level_summary
 
     [12] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Use_cases_-_high_level_summary
 
   [13]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Lyo
   nNov2012#Thursday_1st_Nov:_MLW-LT_WG_meeting_agenda
 
     [13] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/LyonNov2012#Thursday_1st_Nov:_MLW-LT_WG_meeting_agenda
 
   "review implementation isssues"
 
   yves: people on the call are the one who have listed issues
 
   felix: what is the state of phil (vistatec) implementation?
 
   dave: seen in seattle last week, again javascript based data
   for review
   ... not sure about implementation progress
 
   <scribe> ACTION: daveL to check implementation status from phil
   [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/29-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]
 
open issues
 
   [15]https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/i
   ssues/open
 
     [15] https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/open
 
   felix: what are the most pressing issues in your opinion?
 
   yves: resolve the problem of the two reference mechanisms
   ... the "tool" issue, issue-42
   ... the other one: what to do with pointer attributes in global
   rules
 
   dave: that overlaps with XLIFF mapping
 
   yves: we have provenance and localization note
   ... these are natural have standoff markup
   ... for disambiguation it might be nice to have, but to be
   decided for the data category owners
 
   felix: about XLIFF, should we just wait?
 
   yves: the people in the XLIFF TC will promote that topic, hope
   that in a few days we will have an idea about the direction
 
   dave: need to decide in Lyon what we will do in ITS
 
   yves: we should assume that XLIFF will have "mrk" extension
 
   "ed. note"
 
   <scribe> ACTION: felix to make a doodle poll for 1/2 day calls
   in November [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/29-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02]
 
issue-52
 
   [17]https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/i
   ssues/52
 
     [17] https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/52
 
   [18]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/i
   ts20/its20.html#Disambiguation-implementation
 
     [18] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#Disambiguation-implementation
 
   [19]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/i
   ts20/its20.html#domain-implementation
 
     [19] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#domain-implementation
 
   yves: no discussion on algorithm since it has been posted
   ... need to make sure that test cases have the algorithm build
   in
 
   felix: could we close this and see what the test cases say?
 
   dave: ankit and leroy will be in Lyon to discuss this
 
   pedro: maurico is working on this
   ... mauricio will try to test this before thursday
   ... in real time system we will do it too
 
   [20]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Lyo
   nNov2012#Thursday_1st_Nov:_MLW-LT_WG_meeting_agenda
 
     [20] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/LyonNov2012#Thursday_1st_Nov:_MLW-LT_WG_meeting_agenda
 
   "session 0: "
 
   "session 4: spec review from Mārcis Pinnis, and review of
   editoral notes in spec"
 
aob
 
   felix: nothing, see or hear you soon in Lyon
 
Summary of Action Items
 
   [NEW] ACTION: daveL to check implementation status from phil
   [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/29-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: felix to make a doodle poll for 1/2 day calls in
   November [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/29-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02]
 
   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________
 
 
    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [23]scribe.perl version
    1.137 ([24]CVS log)
    $Date: 2012/10/29 16:56:18 $
 
     [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
 

 
Received on Tuesday, 30 October 2012 09:42:10 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Sunday, 9 June 2013 00:25:02 UTC