Re: [all] Question on mapping best practices

On 26/10/2012 19:12, Felix Sasaki wrote:
> Wrt to your comments and ITS mechanisms: why use them at all? Why not
> specifying the mapping in general, e.g. in a separate profile of ITS
> "how to use ITS in XLIFF"? We then won't need to use any ITS
> mechanisms at all - an ITS implementation can use the mapping or not.
>
> Above answer may be not enough, let's take it from where.
Hi Felix, Yves, David, all,
I think having a separate profile has some distinct advantages. As we've
discussed in:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Oct/0307.html
and
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Oct/0310.html

it seem for some data categories (QualityIssue, Quality Precis,
transAgentProvenance, disambiguation, text analysis
annotation/confidence and mtconfidence), the main and possibly only use
case for (ref)pointer attribute is the XLIFF mapping case. See yves
example in:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Oct/0357.html

So if the  _only_ use case for pointers in these data categories is
supporting the XLIFF mapping in this declarative manner, then supporting
the same in a separate ITS profile could help simplify these data
categories considerably. What do you think?

cheers,
Dave