Re: [ISSUE-22] Provenance and Agents

small comments inline:

On 25/10/2012 23:36, Felix Sasaki wrote:

>     Two other quick questions about standoff markup:
>     1) in Localization Quality issue, where the locQualityIssue
>     element is defined under the GLOBAL definition there is a editor
>     note saying
>     "[Ed. note: Should locQualityIssues also be defined for global
>     rules? It seems not to be specific to local.]"
>
>     the answer is surely yes as
>     a) |locQualityIssues|is referred to also from the global definition
>

> Well, we can change that, if there is no use case and implementer :)

Sure, I'd assumed that there was a use case for it to be in there in the
first place, and was just pointing out this seemed inconsistent with the
ed note.

>     and
>     b) because the need to support more than one set of the same data
>     category attribute for the same node applies regardless of how it
>     is selected.
>

> Yes, but standoff does not define new data category attributes - it
> just defines a mechanism to *repeat* attributes. And if that is not
> needed globally, why add it?

I understand, I just couldn't see how if you already support both global
and local selectors and for one you want to repeat attributes, why that
would not be the case for the other. It just seemed a bit inconsistent,
but that thought is probably a bit abstract seeing I can't recall the
use case offhand.

cheers,
Dave