RE: [ISSUE-22] Provenance and Agents

From: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 14:29:38 -0600
To: "'Felix Sasaki'" <fsasaki@w3.org>
CC: <public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>
> Could this create a conflict if we have the
> items in HTML "script" like
> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#EX-locQualityIssue-html5-local-2
> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#EX-translation-agent-provenance-html5-local-2

I don't think it would.

We said we should have a single root element in each script.
So you would just have several scripts if you have several stand-off references.

The only drawback (if you can call that one) is that you would not know in a single operation what data category the <its:items/its:records> element holds if you are looking at it without looking from the content referencing them. But that's probably not a big problem.

The other aspect (not sure if it's a drawback or an advantage) is that you could potentially use the same item to hold the stand-off notation of several different data categories.

Cheers,