Re: issue-51 too many global rules

2012/10/23 Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com>

> Yes, I was going to comment on this :)****
>
> ** **
>
> Without at least a way to point to an attribute that has a reference to
> the stand-off markup, we cannot map (meaningfully) any data category used
> with stand-off markup in formats that can’t use an ITS attribute (like
> XLIFF 2.0). Note that we don’t necessarily need to have pointers for all
> attributes, just for the attribute used as a reference. So, for example
> Localization Quality Issue could have a global rule made of only a selector
> and locQualityIssuesRefPointer (I think).

So that means we need only the standoff markup pointer rules, and no other
pointer attributes from the XLIFF point of view?

> ****
>
> ** **
>
> Note also that removing global rules means we can’t apply the data
> category to attributes as well.****
>
> I don’t see that has a big issue for me, but it would be sad to see
> someone coming back 2 months from now complaining that MT Confidence or
> Disambiguation, etc. can’t be used on any HTML5 attributes :)

I'm ok to take the risk :)

Here it would be interesting to have some data: have you written and used
in ITS 1.0 "real life" global rules that add information *without fixed
values* to attributes or elements? The discussion about dropping global
rules started with an example of localization note
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Sep/0138.html

Felix

--
Felix Sasaki