Re: [all] ITS to XLIFF Mapping

Hi David,

2012/10/14 Dr. David Filip <David.Filip@ul.ie>

> Felix, this should be one of the main points of the public part of the
> meeting.
> I notified the Chair and the Secretary (Yves was on the call :-) that the
> external people (both from this group :-)) coming will open this.
>
> If we consolidate on a simple set of extension features, the namespace
> could be pushed as a module and so have better status than a private
> extension. The profile could become a co-published best practice note.
> Anyway, this is what I want to propose on Monday..

I won't be at the meting on Monday, but here is my input summarized:
1) having a way to express ITS metdata in XLIFF is good
2) what approach works best for this (a dedicated namespace, the ITS
namespace in XLIFF itself, something else) is something for the XLIFF TC to
decide
3) No 2) would have been my input on Monday - from the ITS side, I think it
is helpful to have implementors on board. So far I can see Yves / Okapi,
and various people who might wrap Okaki (e.g. SOLAS). Having more
implementors who provide an additional basis library (=in addition to
OKAPI) might be helpful.

--
Felix Sasaki
DFKI / W3C Fellow